2021 HR Leaders Compliance Summit Invitation
VCG Consultants, in partnership with Acrisure, invites you to
attend the inaugural virtual HR Leaders Compliance Summit
February 9-11, 2021
You will hear from numerous subject matter experts that specialize in
HR-related disciplines covering topics ranging from labor regulation updates,
employee benefits trends, and human capital management best practices,
all made infinitely more complex given today’s unusual times.
The summit consists of two half-days of general sessions (Feb. 9 & 10)
and a third optional half-day (Feb. 11), specifically covering California law.
Additional details on the topics being covered can be found below.
This event has been pre-approved by HRCI/SHRM for
2 hours per day of continuing education credit.
Tuesday, February 9, 2021
- Keynote Speaker, Annie Duke: For two decades, Annie Duke was one of the top poker players in the world. In 2004, she bested a field of 234 players to win her first World Series of Poker (WSOP) bracelet. The same year, she triumphed in the $2 million winner- take-all, invitation-only WSOP Tournament of Champions. She retired from the game in 2012, and she now spends her time writing, coaching, and speaking on a range of topics including decision fitness, emotional control, productive decision groups, and embracing uncertainty. She is a regularly sought-after public speaker, addressing thousands in keynote remarks at conferences for organizations ranging from the Investment Management Consultants Association to the Big Ten Conference.
- Compliance Under the New Presidential Administration: Each presidential administration adopts a unique agenda that sets the tone for regulatory and legislative action. During this session, we’ll make informed predictions about the new federal administration’s goals and priorities related to employment law and benefits, including continued COVID–19 relief measures, worker protections, expanded access to health coverage, and insurance reforms.
Wednesday, February 10, 2021
- Best Practices for Managing a Remote Workforce: The COVID-19 pandemic exponentially increased the number of employees working in a remote environment in the United States. Although remote work has always had its place in the workplace, the volume of remote workers today requires employers to maintain a firm grasp of current trends and best practices in order to remain compliant. This session will discuss compliance pitfalls in wage and hour, workers compensation, employee relations, and other high risk areas tied to remote work that make employers susceptible to unwanted litigation concerns.
- Compliant Employer Websites Under the ADA: The unprecedented growth of the internet economy created previously unknown compliance concerns for unsuspecting businesses. These compliance concerns often take the form of access and are quickly becoming one of the largest compliance risks faced by employers. During this session, we will discuss the Americans with Disabilities Act and its impact on website access as well as proactive steps employers can take to maintain compliance in a burgeoning legal environment.
- Benefits Compliance in 2021 – Preparing for the Year Ahead: Join us to learn about the most recent developments affecting group health plans and to gain practical insights into the year ahead. During this session, we’ll examine the continued impact of COVID-19 on group health plan compliance, summarize relevant legislative initiatives, analyze important court decisions impacting the Affordable Care Act, and review recurring compliance requirements under federal and state mandates.
Thursday, February 11, 2021 (California Employers)
- California Employer Compliance Considerations for 2021: Every year, California has a slew of new employment laws, and 2021 is no different. We will cover all these new laws and how they will affect all employers with operations in California. The topics that will be covered include sick leave, worker classification, employee leave, workers’ compensation, safety regulation enforcement, wages, unemployment insurance, and more.